Tuesday 10 May 2011

Alone is not lonely!

Alone is not necessarily lonely! Norbu had his first day of childcare on Monday & I have to say that I had forgotten what it was like to be alone! ABSOLUTELY BLISS FULL! I could hear the birds singing and my thoughts flowing. I was undisturbed and undistracted! Rather than do the million chores on my list, I languished in the bliss of being totally undisturbed! I went browsing at the shops (i.e not running around madly with ten things to do in five minutes). I had to keep stopping myself from looking for things for the kids. "It's me time" I had to remind myself. I had an absolutely HUGE disgusting chocolatey thing at Max Brenner for lunch! I went to the library - this is where I got stuck into the kids section. Love kids books! I always get so many books for Tara that I can't carry them & we have big trouble not losing them & returning them on time. We always get hijacked by other people's agendas - but I felt so much more mentally sane after my few hours of me time. It was disturbed by my husband asking if I could urgently transfer the rent money! Oh and Norbu had the best day. He had a ball! He loved all the new toys, had an hour sleep, sat down while he ate. So I am hoping that Mondays will now be a regular time where I can sit down and do some writing and work towards building Tibet Gifts. It has been kind of periodic so far.

Where is Lodhen?

On the business front, Lodhen is at Coolemen Court this month and will most likely be at the Canberra Centre next month. You can also find Tibet Gifts stocked in

  • Xpress Newsagency at Westfield Belconnen with Narelle
  • Oriental Treasures at Gold Creek with Marie
  • At Cooma High Country Centennial Markets on Sunday with Trish
If you are still reading good on you! In terms of our shop front strategy - no luck with the two shops we were interested in in Civic. The one in Garema Place was taken by a multinational who was happy to sign a lease for five years with a possible extension & the other one - the owners decided they did not want to let it?%^&$ Ah leasing!!!!!! Lodhen says its not good i.e too risky to sign on for for five years & prefers the business strategy of taking his good to different people. The really good thing about not having the very high fixed cost of rent is that you can actually take some holidays! This is a novel idea for Lodhen! Here are some pics of Taronga Zoo last week and us on holiday!!!! Hope you enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment